Based on decades of research, Autogenic Training is a scientifically recognized relaxation method. It was developed by the German psychiatrist Johannes Heinrich Schultz and first published in 1932. Through the power of thoughts, by using simple mental exercises, Autogenic Training allows to reach the subconscious and influence organ functions, such as heart rate or breathing. Autogenic Training can bring the body into a deep state of relaxation, strengthening the immune system and preventing certain physical and emotional issues caused by stress.
Autogenic Training is founded on a holistic view of the human being – the belief that a person’s body and mind are inextricably linked. Physical changes can cause psychological changes, and vice versa.
Autogenic Training is a relaxation method which affects the whole human being. It has soothing, relaxing and renewing effects on body and soul.
With the help of Autogenic Training everybody can learn to influence body functions that usually to be subjected the subconscious and cannot be controlled, such as blood pressure, heartbeat or body temperature.
Autogenic Training is a kind of self-hypnosis method (autogenic means self-generated) and works by creating a trance-like state during which one’s become more open to suggestions/commands from the subconscious.
Use Autogenic Training to:
• All types of stress
• Headache, migraine and other chronic conditions
• Psychosomatic diseases
• Allergic reactions/ asthma
• Reduce anxiety and depression
Why Autogenic Training is Unique?
• Once learned from an experienced trainer and practiced regularly, this relaxation method should allow to achieve deep relaxation in just 10 minutes. Autogenic Training can be practiced anywhere anytime: while travelling in a train or plane, during the wait time for an appointment, on the sofa at home, etc.
• The relaxation is generated by the person itself. It is not dependent on external triggers or environments (there is no need for special rooms, equipment or clothing).
• Regular practice of Autogenic Training enables to withstand higher stress situations and levels.