SoulBeing Member & Industry Events
The Neuroscience of stress and wellness series by Dr Safia Debar
September 6, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
About this Event
This series of talks aim to distill down some of the latest evidence base on stress management, positive psychology, mindulness and neuroplasticity. We will cover relaxation techniques, the neuroscience of stress, the neuroscience of connection, relationships, attachment theory, mindfulness, meditation and lots more.
Dr Safia Debar is a private GP with an interest in Stress Management and Neuroplasticty. She is the only doctor in the UK who runs the Harvard Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) course.
She set up RQ wellness as the traditional medical model of care wasn’t enough and she wanted to adopt an integrative hollistic approach to health.
By learning about your brain, how it works best and how to manage your mind you will be able to create an authentic way of living, thinking and being.
For more information please visit RQ wellness
When you register for our talks you will be subscribed to our fortnightly newsletter which is packed with practical info you can apply to your daily life.
6th July: The worst of COVID is over…What now?
What have we learnt about ourselves? What will we take forward? How do we manage the ongoing uncertainty?
Series on relaxation techniques
– 3rd August: Meditation for skeptics
– 7th Sept: Mindful or Mindless
– 12th Oct: How to start Meditating
2nd Nov: Gratitude: what’s the big deal
Sleep: whats the secret
– 7th Dec: Part 1
– 11th Jan 2021: Part 2
1st Feb: The neuroscience of stress management
– 1st March: How and where do I start?
– 5th April: What is my 1%?
Series on Nutrition
– 3rd May: Nutrition and the brain: the gut brain axis, they are more than just friends
– 7th June: Why can’t I manage my weight?
– 5th July: Developing a good relationship with food
The social connection series
– 2nd Aug: The neuroscience of connection
– 6th Sept: Attachment theory
– 11th Oct: Relationships: science or art?
– 1st Nov: The neuroscience of social support
– 6th Dec: The pursuit of happiness