Reasons to consider cutting back (or cutting out) alcohol consumption for good, and resources to support your efforts....
According to the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, “Integrative Medicine (IM) is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.”
According to the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, Integrative Medicine’s Defining Principles are as follows:
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
For more information visit, www.integrativemedicine.arizona.edu/about/definition.html
The Latest From Our Blog
SoulBeing to Expand “Care for the Caregiver” Initiative Through New Client Relationship with The Dempsey Center
This partnership expands access to healthcare services available as an employee benefit. PORTLAND, ME – January 25th, 2024...
SoulBeing November 2023 Newsletter Climb under cozy covers Sleep until spring. Some days, hibernation seems like a really...
And does it matter which I use for complementary or alternative medicine services? As healthcare costs continue to rise,...
Many Americans are disillusioned with the high cost and limited effectiveness of traditional healthcare, and are turning to CAM as a way to take control of their own health. This has led to a growing movement towards integrative medicine, which combines traditional and alternative treatments to provide a more holistic approach to healthcare.
Lifestyle Savings Accounts (LSAs) are a new employee benefit strategy gaining popularity among employers. LSAs are designed...