SoulBeing Member & Industry Events
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Skills for Resilience During COVID-19 (MBCT-R)
June 30 @ 5:30 pm$650
MBCT skills for addressing depression and anxiety – and staying well
Two Live Online Courses Starting in June! More Details Below!
Resilience is the ability to respond to adversity, something we all need in these challenging times.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an evidence-based educational program shown to prevent depressive relapse and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. MBCT combines the practice of mindfulness with practical tools from cognitive therapy.
In MBCT-R, you will learn skills for responding to the anxiety and emotional challenges arising from our current situation. Through the practice of mindfulness you will learn to engage the body, mind and heart to relate differently to challenging thoughts and emotional distress, and to help you to care for yourself and cultivate resilience.
This live online program allows participants to engage with the instructor(s) and with each other. Please see below for testimonials.
Please note that these two MBCT-R courses will be recorded. Some participants are part of a research study which requires that recordings of the leader teaching are reviewed as part of the research. Individual private breakout sessions with peers will not be recorded. Your consent to be recorded during the large group is required, so if you do not feel comfortable with this requirement, you will not be able to participate in this group and we suggest you consider another CMC group. There will be an opportunity to participate in MBCT-R without the requirement for recording in several months when the research study is completed.
June 30 – August 25 Course
June 1 – July 20 Course
- Dates: Tuesdays, 6/1 – 7/20, 2021
- Time: 5:30-7:45 pm (ET)
- Online platform: Zoom
- Retreat: Saturday, July 17, 9am – 1pm (ET)
(After Class 7)
- Instructor: Kiera Fredericksen, LICSW
- Dates: Wednesdays, 6/30 – 8/25, 2021 (Skip 8/11)
- Time: 5:30-7:45 pm (ET)
- Online platform: Zoom
- Retreat: Saturday, August 7, 9am – 1pm (ET)
(After Class 6)
- Instructors: Carl Fulwiler, MD, PhD and Stephanie Palacios, PsyD, MFT
- Course rate for non-CHA patients and staff: $650
- CHA patients and staff enrolled in CHAMindWell Community Mental Wellness Program may be able to take MBCT-R for free. If you want to take the course for free, please enroll in CHAMindWell. If CHA patients are eligible, then they will get a discount code to register when free CHAMindWell spots are available.
- Complete weekly 4-minute confidential computerized questionnaires for 8 weeks while participating in mental wellness programs.
- Complete monthly 30-minute confidential computerized interviews for up to a year.
- CHA’s full clinical resources and medical record may be consulted for CHA patients in order to ensure that the program is the right choice. Any information will be maintained following HIPAA guidelines for privacy.
- 50% discounts for CHA staff and patients who are not enrolled in the CHAMindWell Program – Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount codes before registering.
Discounts and Scholarships
From the generosity of our community, a limited number of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) Discount Scholarships are available with a $550 off discount. Complete the application at www.chacmc.org/bipoc-scholarship before registering for a reduced rate of $100. We will get back to you about the status of your scholarship request.
“I wanted to express my deep, deep gratitude for this fantastic class. I have gotten so much out of the past 8 weeks, and I know I owe that to your thoughtful presence and compassionate leadership. Class gave me the scaffolding to do some really transformative work which I hope to continue for years to come.”
“The group has helped me to accept and let go.”
“I would not miss this group. I loved it. It helped me feel less judgmental towards myself and others.”
“The class has been helpful in reframing my thoughts and has given me ways to redirect my energy to much more
“Thanks again for the guidance and compassion that you and Kiera offered during the workshop. it was an invaluable experience that has already helped in a variety of situations and I’m grateful to have acquired these tools. I have been most amazed by my ability to be in the moment, not an easy thing for me. …. I never imagined being able to slow myself down long enough to choose how to think and feel about a given situation instead of staying trapped in the “default settings” of mental and physical panic. Or that certain patterns of thought and feeling weren’t personal failings but simply the best way I knew how to manage. These realizations seem so basic and simple, but were anything but. Thank you for helping me get out of my own way.”